Do You Remember When . . .? #StreamTeam


Do you remember waking up in the wee hours of the morning to watch your favourite cartoon?  I'm talking early (for a kid) like 6:30 in the morning early! I used to love watching Inspector Gadget and Beetlejuice before school.  It was a great motivating factor to actually get up!  If I didn't have those cartoons, I probably would've slept right up until the last possible minute (kind of like I do now)!  And in the afternoon, right after school it was Baloo and his wacky adventures on Talespin, Tiny Toon Adventures . . . I could go on forever if I had to!  And don't get me started on the weekend cartoons, those were just seriously bad *ss!




Whatever happened to good cartoons?  It's a good thing that not all of those memories are lost treasures!  The great people at @Netflix_Ca have put together an amazing collection of "retro" movies and cartoons to instill nostalgia, that transport us back to a time where things were so simple and at the end of the 30 minutes of adventure, all was right in the world!  Now, the fact that some of these goodies are being called "retro" makes me feel a little old, and I'm only 33 - that's not old right?  Nah, who am I kidding, I'll be 17 forever, which is why I'll never regret a moment of indulgence 


Recently, I've introduced my daughter to some of my faves and much to my surprise, she actually likes them!    Her current faves are Heathcliffe, The Magic School Bus, and Scooby-Doo Where Are You.  It's great to connect with my kiddo this way, to know that she can enjoy some of the same things I did when I was a kid, it just feels (for lack of a better word) cool!  

Here's a few of the classics that Netflix has put together for 
all of us to indulge in and share with our little ones :

For the big kids:
  
   
 
  1. The Mighty Ducks
  2. Ghostbusters
  3. Heathcliff
  4. Honey, I Shrunk the Kids
  5. The Secret of Nimh
  6. He-Man and the Masters of the Universe
  7. Spider-Man
  8. The Facts of Life
  9. The Smurfs
  10. Diff'rent Strokes
And your little ones:

  
  
  1. My Little Pony: The Runaway Rainbow
  2. Sesame Street: Classics
  3. The Busy World of Richard Scarry
  4. The Care Bears Movie II: A New Generation
  5. Curious George
  6. Clifford the Big Red Dog
Let me know in the comments below : Do you #WaybackWednesday, #ThrowbackThursday, or #FlashbackFriday?







Comments

Popular Posts