From "Me Time" to "We Time" #StreamTeam



When was the last time you took a moment to yourself and just let the world slip away?  To be completely honest, aside from my 45 minute commute to and from work, I don't really have much "alone" time.  I'm either dealing with my super energized little monkey or spending time with my wife, or when I do get that "special" time to myself, I'm doing chores, running errands, or crossing things off the never-ending To-Do list!  RT if you agree!! (wait, what?  I'm losing it!)




Clearly I need help with "Me-Time-Management"! Here's the deal: I work full time during the day, by the time I get home after fighting through Gardiner/427/401/410 traffic, I'm tired. (Actually, I'm pretty tired just after waking up, lol!)  When I get home, I just want to sit back, relax, and unwind from the day I've had (but having an active 7 year old, 2 puppies, a cat, and a loving wife all of whom require my attention, finding those precious "Me" MOMents can be a little challenging!).  When we heard that Season 2 of "Orange Is The New Black" was going to be released, we decided that we needed to get through Season 1 as quickly as possible to be all caught up.  My wife and I decided that the only way we were going to be able to watch the "adult themed" OITNB was by waiting until our little monkey went to bed.  Well . . . from a 7:30pm (start) bedtime until about 9:30-10pm (actual) bedtime, by the time it came to our actual "alone" time, we were both so pooped, but didn't give in as our new found addiction was too great!



I can't even begin to tell you how bloodshot red my eyes were for work that following week.  Night after night, our love of "Crazy Eyes", "Red", and the seemingly never-ending love triangle between Piper, Alex, and Larry kept us soooo hooked, that being exhausted the next day was definitely worth it!   We loved that we could watch it at our own pace and simply log in to Netflix and start right where we had left off!



So tell me, what do you do to squeeze in a little extra "Me-Time"? 

Comments

Popular Posts